Monday, January 25, 2016

Ye Who Are Called To Labor

(Our Pday was spent burning stuff.
We made s'mores and everything)
First off, I want to apologize for not writing last week. It was kind of a crazy week and I didn't really know what to say about it.

And as for this week.... Pretty much the same boat. We've had a lot of members come with us to lessons. They were some pretty solid appointments, too. We taught and we testified. We set a baptism date with a family, which was way rad!

We had a Mission Broadcast during our District Meeting this week. Elder Oaks, Anderson, and Bednar spoke to missionaries in the Utah area. It was broadcasted to the missionaries all around the world. It was so neat and we learned a lot pertaining to teaching, inviting, the Spirit in conversion, and working with members. Elder Oaks is the new Chairman for Missionaries and his new vision for missionary efforts is "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts". So the broadcast was centered on that.

Transfers have occurred. And, drum roll, please..... I am staying in Otter Creek. Still in a trio. Sister Quick is going to the area right next door and Sister Arnold and I will be getting Sister Taylor. Sadly, I am not being transferred to ASL. But that's okay. Life goes on. President actually closed an ASL area, so now there are only two open, instead of three.
(Elder Sandman, Elder Boggess (District Leader), Sister Wood,
Sister Hirschi, Sister Quick, ME, and Sister Arnold)

I love being able to go out and to share the good news about my Savior which has provided me with so much happiness and joy in my life. I absolutely love being a missionary. Even though there are INCREDIBLY hard times, and I have to endure through a lot, there is no other place I'd rather be. I am so blessed to dedicate 18 months to serving my Lord and Savior.

Have a good week! (:

Sister Jessica Ann Smith
"We picked out animals that match the appearance and personalities
of the missionaries in our area. Sister Arnold drew them.
Sister Smith - red panda
Sister Arnold - kiwi
Sister Quick - fox
Sister Wood - otter
Elder Boggess - lion cub (because he is almost ferocious)
Elder Sandman - turtle
And then the others are the missionaries that are around and near us."

No comments:

Post a Comment